Welcome to Southern River College
Respect and Understanding
Southern River College's motto, 'Respect and Understanding' is the foundation for the core values which are promoted across the College and to the broader community. 'Respect and Understanding' reflects our intentions to develop a supportive and inclusive environment for all students.
The College has developed and profiled our unique '4R's:
- Respect for Oneself
- Respect for Others
- Respect for the Environment
The 4R's are symbolic of the values which we believe our students can take with them on their journey through life. These are clearly articulated throughout the College community by students and staff as we work together on a daily basis.
Southern River College Excels
A little about Southern River College:
Our school has a rich history, this being our 37th year in operation. We have much to celebrate. Last year our students enjoyed great success with our Year 12 graduating class both at the individual student level and as a cohort. For our efforts in 2012 we were again presented with a Top Public School Award. The following is a snapshot of our success:
A Top Public School Award from Curriculum Council.
- 100% of students graduated with a Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE)
- Increase ATAR participation rate to 24%
- 62.9% average based on our ATAR students.
- First 50 VET Schools Award – rank 41 state wide and 21st in Public Schools
- 67% of our students achieved Cert II or higher in Year 12.
- One of our students Cheviena Hansen was nominated and won WA Youth of the Year, 14 to 17 category.
- Three of our students: Jeromy Reilly, Rebecca Roberts and Lauren Adams where selected to represent the college at CHOGM. Lauren was part of the vocal ensemble singing with Guy Sebastian.
These results are an outstanding testament to the dedicated staff and talented students at Southern River College.
To receive occasional updates from Southern River College, subscribe to our mailing list