Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child at Southern River College.
The Department of Education has designated Southern River College as a local intake area secondary public school (Year 8-12). With the growing number of residents in the area and the changes to the public school system (Year 7 students joining the college in 2015) we are unlikely to consider out of boundary applications.
The local intake area for the college contains all or part of the local intake areas of the following primary schools:
Ashburton Drive Primary Bletchley Park Primary
Gosnells Primary Huntingdale Primary
Piara Waters Primary Seaforth Primary
Local area intake applications for enrolment into Year 7 & 8 is organised with the assistance of the local partner primary schools during terms 1 and 2. For other Year 7 or 8 enrolments, parents apply by contacting the college directly on 9495 3200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To enrol at Southern River College there a number of eligibility requirements for local intake enrolments. Please visit the Department of Education website for more information about enrolment policy and procedures relevant to a Local Intake school. The College has places for students whose family are living within the boundaries of the SRC local intake area as determined by the Department of Education, Western Australia at the time the enrolment commences.
Proof of Residence
To assist the college to determine the student’s eligibility under local intake, the following documentation needs to be attached to the application for enrolment.
– Proof of ownership of the property by the parent/s where the student resides. This may be a rates notice from the local council.
– Where the family is renting, a copy of the rental agreement (minimum 12 months).
Applicants should provide further pieces of evidence (minimum of 3) to confirm their residential address. These may include:
* Power accounts (or recent connection advice)
* Gas accounts (or recent connection advice)
* Telephone accounts
* Current bank statements showing the address
* Driver’s licence
* Any other documents that may support the application as proof of residence
Additional documents required are:
* A copy of the student’s Birth Certificate if born in Australia or Passports of the Parents and the student if born overseas.
* Proof of ID of the parents and or legal guardian
* The student’s most recent school report, NAPLAN and or OLNA reports.
Parents are reminded that under the Education Act 1999, Division 2.20 “the Principal may cancel the enrolment if false or misleading information was given”
• It is a requirement that the College is informed immediately of any change of address.
• It is also a requirement that all the information provided is accurate.
The College reserves the right to suspend an enrolment should any of the information supplied on the enrolment application be fraudulent.
If you wish to express an interest to enrol at Southern River College, please feel free to call the school on 08 9495 3200 or come in and pick up an enrolment package.