PARENT OWNED LAPTOP PROGRAM
Parent Owned Laptop Program - Year 7-12
The College aims to become a leading Digital School; developing enriched learning experiences and employment opportunities to advantage our students in the 21st century. For your child to gain maximum benefit from the program we encourage you to purchase one of the recommended devices for your child’s use at school in 2019.
The College has partnered with JB Hi-Fi Education Solutions to provide devices for the Parent Owned Laptop Program at affordable prices with a convenient purchase process.
We recommend you purchase one of the devices below, when purchasing the device through the JB Hi-Fi Education Solutions portal, payments are processed online and the device is available for pick up at your selected store.
Option 1: HP x360 G1 – This is the recommended entry level device that meets the minimum requirements specified by the college.
Option 2: Surface Go 128GB – This is the preferred device that the college recommends to parents.
Option 3: Surface Pro 128GB – This is the recommended device for STEM and senior students.
To order your child’s device:
- Go to the College’s website: email@example.com and click on the byod button and follow the information provided.
- Access the JBHIFI Solutions for education portal directly at: www.jbeducation.com.au/byod/ using the code: SRC2019
*Music students may purchase a Macbook if preferred (this is only required for Garageband which isn’t available on Windows).*
**If parents choose to buy outside of the recommended devices and provider, please be aware that there are minimum requirements that must be met for the IT department to connect the device to the network. The following specifications are required: 128GB Hard Drive, 4GB RAM, Pentium Processor, Windows 10 Home (NOT Windows 10 S), 5Ghz Wireless capability and it must have a minimum of 8 hours battery life.**
The online portal offers a step-by-step navigation. To order your child’s education device simply:
- Go to jbeducation.com.au/byod
- Enter your school code (its case sensitive): SRC2019
- Once logged in, select the relevant student programme.
- Select your preferred JB Hi-Fi store for pick up, or pick up from your school (where possible).
- Follow the prompts to choose your device, insurance cover and device accessories.
- Enter your personal details.
- Select a payment method and complete your order.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at jbeducation.com.au/byod or call 1300 730 548.