School Fees are now overdue
- July 1, 2019
- Posted by: Felicity Weary
- Category: Uncategorized
School Charges and Contributions
- An account of full charges and contributions was recently posted home. (It is your responsibility to contact the College to update your contact details. If you are unsure if we have your correct contact details please contact our Administration Office on 9495 3200.)
- The Charges on your account are payable by the end of Term 2. (They are now overdue).
- At the beginning of Term 3 any outstanding Charges will be sent to our debt recovery agency.
Below is an EXAMPLE Statement showing the compulsory charges of $444.00 (highlighted in yellow).
Support for Families
The Department and College are aware that the payment of contributions and charges can be a burden for some families. The Government has a Secondary Assistance Scheme to assist parents with a Health Care card. Part payments and credit card debits are all available to support parents experiencing difficulties. However, we do need to talk to you about this. Ignoring accounts and reminders is unhelpful to all parties. The college is also keen to assist parents in selecting options that they can afford. To this end subject charges are available in the Upper and Lower Subject Handbooks.
If you need to enter a payment plan contract with the College please contact the Finance Department on 9495 3200 or email SouthernRiver.COL.Finance@education.wa.edu.au .
Who should pay?
Given that all students benefit from the pool of collected fees, it is fair to expect that all parents should pay the balance of contributions and charges. Parents of students who choose the more expensive option subjects need to consider the costs during the subject selection process (Where parents with outstanding Compulsory Charges have failed to arrange and commit to a payment plan, the student may be removed from their chosen Elective courses and be placed in a general course that satisfies the requirements of the Curriculum Framework). The college is committed to an even-handed and responsible approach so that all parents should make contributions towards their children’s education.
Doesn’t the Government give schools all the money needed for the students and the parent payments of Charges are just a bonus?
Actually no. The school relies on parent payments of Charges to supply students with curriculum resources in the compulsory learning subjects including English, Mathematics, Science and Humanities and Social Science. Parent payments of Charges also contribute to the supply of physical education equipment, audio-visual equipment, information technology facilities, and photocopied materials.
The College makes provision for the following payment options:
– Our preferred method of payment is via Qkr (pronounced “Quicker”) app. Qkr can be downloaded as a smartphone app or alternatively you can visit the Qkr website.
– Full payment by cash, EFTPOS or credit card (in person or by phone).
– Payments by instalments by the above methods. (You must complete a Payment Plan Form if paying in instalments)
– Direct Credit to our account listed below:
Account number: 157363656
Reference: Child Surname, Initial and Year